Servicing participants mainly living in the Moreton Bay region
- You have the right to be assessed as eligible to receive services without discrimination.
- You have the right to know what services are available and choose what services you require to meet your needs.
- You have the right to receive a written care plan outlining the services you will receive.
- You have the right to privacy, dignity and confidentially.
- You have the right to complain or express your concerns about a service without fear of losing the service or suffering any other recriminations.
- You have the right to have your complaints dealt with fairly and promptly.
- You have the right to be represented by an advocate of your choice.
- You have the responsibility to let the office know if you are not going to be home when staff are due to visit.
- You have the responsibility to act in a way that respects the rights of the staff who are providing your services.
- You have the responsibility to make sure staff are not obstructed in doing their work or put at any risk
- You have the responsibility to help ensure your property is safe for staff.
- You have the responsibility to inform your Case Manager of any changes to circumstances relating to your care.
More about your Rights and Responsibilities can be located in your In Home Folder or via your case manager.
People Care Services is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information, we collect in relation to you, is kept strictly secured. We do not pass on/sell/swap any of your personal details with anyone. We use this information to identify your orders, provide you with our monthly newsletter (if applicable); that’s all.